Artists of FFXIV - Commission Marketplace Event
An exclusive event for fans and artists of Final Fantasy 14
We are celebrating our Open Beta launch with an exclusive event that celebrates the fan art and artists of Final Fantasy 14!
How it works
Artists register to attend the event. A panel of judges review each entry, and then vote on whick artworks best fit the theme of the event.
In a way, it’s a lot like a traditional Artist Alley, only online. And without the rest of the convention. And registration is free. :)
Participating in the event takes only a few easy steps:
- Create a free ArtistAlley.io Portfolio
- Complete your profile with some information about you
- Gather up your best FFXIV-themed creative works
- Submit your registration in-app via your Dashboard!
1: Register your Free Account
Signing up for ArtistAlley is always and forever free.
You’ll get your very own profesionally designed portfolio website just for signing up!
2. Complete your Profile with information about you
When people find your portfolio through the marketplace event, they’ll want to know who you are! :)
To qualify for the event, all submissions must have a Porfolio About Page completed with:
- At least a tweet’s-worth of content about who you are
- At least one link to another account where you share your work. Social media, website, etc
These are the bare minimum requirements, though. Add more links and content for a better chance to be accepted!
3. Gather up your best FFXIV-themed creative works
When you register, you’ll be asked to upload between 3 and 10 artworks to be showcased in the event.
Artworks submitted MUST:
- Be your own creations. No posting other people’s work!
- Be SFW. The gallery must be appropriate for all ages to view.
- Be themed to the event, aka, Final Fantasy XIV relevant. See below for more details.
Show your very best, as this is the work we will judge you on!
BONUS!: Create a Service for your FFXIV-themed work for hire
Sell your services for hire with our guided Service Template creator.
- Promote your work with price ranges
- Offer packages that include up-sell perks for clients
- Take a deposit for your work
EVEN MORE BONUS! Participate in the Social Media Promo Event
When registration officiallly opens, we’ll also be launching a social media promo contest, where you can win all kinds of great prizes just by helping us spread the word about the event!
More details on the promo contest coming soon.
Ready? Let’s do this!
Don’t see your question answered here? Reach out to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to our Discord Community Server and ask away!
Can I sell other services on my Portfolio during the event?
Yes! You are welcome to sell other services on your Portfolio website that are not FFXIV-themed. To really capture the attention of fans finding your work through this event, we recommend publishing at least one Service on your Portfolio which directly promotes FFXIV-themed commissions.
How can I increase my chances of being accepted?
We’re looking for a few key things when we review your submission:
- Is the art you submitted relevant to the theme?
- How credible you are - (Are you a human? Did you actually create the work you submitted?)
- Does your expertise match the kind of work-for-hire we hope to promote on our community?
- In other words, visual art - not web design, marketing, voice acting, etc…
- What is your overall experience as a creative professional?
- Does your presence online on other platforms show past work you’ve done for others?
- Commission/freelance history
- A Consistent style and technique, regardless of medium
In summary, we want to be reasonably confident you are who you say you are, and that if we invest time and money to promote your work for hire, you are a reliable professional that does what they say they can do.
This is a little like submitting an application for a job. We encourage you to treat it that way as well.
Things that get you shortlisted for acceptance:
- A completed About Page, with lots of links to other places you post your work online
- A lot of artworks published on your Portfolio, and those works are similar in creative style and medium
- Your active participation in the Promo event - helping us spread the word will help you get accepted, because it shows you are invested.